*NEW* LANactive Industry - Solutions for Smart Grids Brochure
BREAK THROUGH SOLUTION FOR SMART GRIDS AND ELECTRICAL SUBSTATIONS
Nexans LANactive Industry is developed to meet the challenges of the energy sector.
This includes the industrial multiport "iGigaSwitch" range with KEMA (now part of DNV-GL) approved IEC 61850 functionality and industrial grade passive components providing copper and fibre cabling for harsh environments.
LANactive Industry solution - key benefits
LANactive Industry provides the capability to build universal standardized Ethernet networks for smart grids or substations.The Nexans iGigaSwitch series supports:
- System Configuration Description Language (SCL) according to IEC 61850
- designed to operate in harsh environments: The Nexans "iGigaSwitch" range is specially designed to be compact and robust whilst requiring only passive cooling
- extended operating conditions: -40…+85C, vibration, EMC, special industry conditions, etc.
- robust stainless-steel DIN-rail mounting clip for switches
- full interoperability: iGigaSwitches are interoperable with all other core switches manufacturers
- powering of other devices: Nexans iGigaSwitch series are the only industry switches which provides 12x PoE+ in accordance with IEEE 802.3at
- significant level of resilience: advanced resilience concept thanks to HSR, MRP, RST protocols
- security: high level of anti-hacking protection & cyber security thanks to special protocols and features
- wide range of special features like: SD cards with MAC-addresses, web-management capabilities, reset configuration button, configurable LEDs, preconfigured DIP-switches etc.
- NEXMAN software for easy configuration, management and maintenance